The Civicus Group offers research, consulting, and strategic resource development services to companies, nonprofits, and municipal and tribal governments. Our varied client list includes publicly traded corporations, sovereign Indian Nations, state government agencies, universities, and local, national, and international nonprofits.
Civicus clients have received almost $73+ million of grant funding, which has been used to support more than $125 million worth of projects and about $330 million in contracts with all levels of government that have been crucial to the growth of their businesses.
- Foundation Certified, Association of Proposal Management Professionals
- Shipley Proposal Development School 2007
- National Indian Justice Center Grant Training Seminar, 2009
- National Indian Justice Center Indian Child Welfare Compliance and Funding Training 2008
- American Indian Vocational Rehabilitation Grant Training from Southern
- University and the Native American Capacity Building Project at Northern Arizona University 2009 and 2010
- Grant Training for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health ServicesAdministration as part of the Interdepartmental Tribal Justice Safety and Wellness Conference 2008
- Indian Alcohol and Substance Abuse Grant Training and Technical Assistance from Fox Valley Community College 2009
- Administration for Native Americans (ANA) Grant Writing Technical Assistance Training 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2018, 2019, and 2022
- HUD Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Training
Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) grant writing training 2004, 2005, 2013 and 2023
Keith A. Weber, CF APMP
Founder and President
Mr. Weber is an experienced independent government contracting and grant-writing leader. With over 20 years of hands-on, in-the-trenches experience,
Mr. Weber is a sought-after resource for corporate, state, municipal, and tribal clientele. Under Mr. Weber’s leadership, the Civicus Group has amassed over $73 million in grant awards and more than $225 million in awarded contracts for its clients.
Benjamin Bennett, CSPO, CSM
Vice-President of Operations
Mr. Bennett is a diverse asset to Civicus Group. With a twenty-plus-year background in communications and marketing and operational experience within the startup and small to medium-sized organizational space, Bennett brings a viable corporate, productivity-based growth strategy and a passion for delivering exceptional results for Civicus Group clients.
Additionally, Mr. Bennett has experience with large-scale or enterprise digital transformations within Fortune 500 and above-sized organizations. Mr. Bennett is a member of the Scrum Alliance and is a Certified Product Owner and Scrum Master.
Nicole J. Chasteen
Ms. Chasteen, with her rich background in state government and grant management, significantly contributes to the Civicus Group. Her expertise in managing Oklahoma’s Child and Youth Services, combined with her involvement in various state boards like the Oklahoma Suicide Prevention Council and the Children’s Justice Act Grant Task Force, makes her a valuable asset. With over 350 hours of training in areas like child development and domestic violence and experience in elementary and middle school education as a former teacher, Ms. Chasteen’s comprehensive skill set is further enhanced by her sociology degree from the University of Oklahoma.
Mr. Philip D. Patterson, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor of Communication at Oklahoma Christian University and President of the National Christian School Association, Dr. Patterson is a well-versed, award-winning writer, educational facilitator, and author. Mr. Patterson has written textbooks, trade books, journal articles, and successful grant applications. He served as executive director of the National Christian School Association and represented the NCSA on the Council for American Private Education in Washington, D.C.